Did you know?
- New employees must receive safety training before beginning work for you.
- Employees transferring to a new job at your work place must receive training in the hazards of that work.
- Ministry of Labour inspectors and Human Resources Development Canada inspectors have the authority to shut down your business if they believe it is unsafe for employees.
- Offences and Penalties under Provincial or Federal Legislation can reach as high as $1,000,000 and or 2 years in prison, for each offence.
- If your company has more injuries than your industry average, higher costs of injuries than your industry average, any lost time injuries, or any Ministry of Labour orders, you may receive a premium increase and/or a surcharge.
- Repetitive strain Injuries and back Injuries are the two leading causes of workplace absence.